Hot Meals at Bierton C.E Combined School
At Bierton C.E Combined School, our hot meals are provided by Alliance in Partnership. The children recieve nutrious healthy meals, which provide them with all the nutrients and energy needed to get them through their busy days. To ensure the whole school is catered for, a wide selection of choice is offered to suit everybody's taste.
Alliance in Partnership promote a healthy lifestyle and want to share the following information:
- It is important for your child to have a healthy lifestyle.
- The dining experience is a social skill that your child has already developed, we make eating fun and exciting.
- Alliance in Partnership specialises in education catering and have a vast amount of experiene in this sector - we are at the forefront of promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- We believe that nutritious, healthy meals designed by pupils, with help from our staff of experts, enhance the curriculum and help children learn.
- Alliance in Partnership are an indepedent catering company providing school meals across the Midlands, Herefordshire, Bedfordshire, London, Buckinghamshire, Bristol, Staffordshire, Gloucestershire, Bristol, North Somerset and Worcestershire.
- Our menu offers a choice of fresh, healthy cooked food which meets the Govenment food based standards and has been nutritionally analysed to create balanced, healthy meals. Our menus retain the Food for Life Catering Mark and are freshly prepared using the finest, fresh and local ingredients.
- All meals are freshly prepared daily by a dedicated team using fresh ingredients.
- We operate menus on a 3 weekly cycle which includes main court, vegetarian course and a jacket potato or pasta dish.
- All our menus meet and exceed all national nutritional standards.
Please click below to view the menu.
Further information can be found on Alliance in Partnership's website.
Ordering and Payment
Hot meals must be ordered at least 5 days in advance using ParentMail. The cost of hot meals is £2.40 and this includes your child's choice of main meal, choice from the daily, fresh salad bar and a dessert.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
This initiative came into force on 1st September 2014. It means that all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal.
The hot meals service was introduced to Bierton School in May 2011.
Although the children in Early Years and Key Stage 1 are entitled to hot meals under the Government Scheme, your food selections must be pre-ordered.
Lunch at Bierton C.E Combined School
Early Years and Key Stage 1 begin lunch at 12:00.
Key Stage 2 begin lunch at 12:15. Year groups in Key Stage 2 are called when it is their time to enter the hall.
We are continuously looking at ways to evaluate the sevice that is provided, trying to balance the various benefits and costs and having your feedback on our current hot meals service would be invaluable.