Due to the current situation and our school risk assessment, we are not currently able to arrange tours of the school. For further information about our school, please watch the video below:
Bierton C.E Combined School - Admission Rules
Our school is a Voluntary Controlled Church of England Combined School. Children will be admitted on a full-time basis into the Reception class at the beginning of the academic year (September 1) in which they become five. Our admissions criteria for entry to our school is as follows:
Once places have been allocated to children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs, the remaining places will be allocated in the following order:
- Rule 1 - Children in care.
- Rule 2 - Children living within the catchment area of the school.
To check school catchment areas please follow the link:http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/schools/admissions-and-moving-school/catchment-areas/
- Rule 3 - For the main point of entry: Siblings of children who are attending the school or a 'linked primary' school in Year R to Year 5 at the time the allocations are made, and are expected to be on the school roll or linked school roll at the time of the proposed admission, or who have already been offered a place to start in the current academic at the school or a 'linked primary' school.
- Rule 4 - Children who have exceptional medical or social needs, which can be met at that school, supported by written evidence from an appropriate person.
- Rule 5 - Children attending a primary school linked to the school named in the list of 'linked primary' schools at the time allocations are made. (See the Directory for information on linked schools). This rule does not apply to those applying for a place in Reception.
- Rule 6 - Once the above rules have been applied, then any further places will be offered in distance order, using the distance between the family's Normal Home Address and the school's nearest entrance gate, offering the closest first. We use the straight line distance.
A waiting list will be maintained for those children not offered a place. The order of priority being the same as the criteria for over-subscription.
All admissions are handled by Bucks County Council:
Bierton Church of England Combined School adheres to the Local Authorities Fair Access protocol in our Admission rules.